voltesque's avatar

voltesque

The film not only possesses compelling dialogues and acting that draws you into the whole trial, but also has a very haunting presence to it; the underlying principal of humanity. Running time of 186 minutes, and not a single one of them wasted. Particularly adored Maximilian Schell and Montgomery Clift's performances.
Forrester's avatar

Forrester

Judgment at Nuremberg contains some of the best acting I've ever seen on film. Maximilian Schell, Judy Garland and Montgomery Clift are all great, just to name a few.

The movie is very dialogue-oriented and besides the length of three hours I was never bored during it. The dialogues are not only great to listen to, but they're also very well filmed. For example, when a person in the witness stand is speaking, the camera pans around him. Another example: when a witness is speaking about someone inside the courtroom, the camera turns towards that person. These kind of tricks give the dialogues a lot of tension.

Judgment at Nuremberg makes you think a lot about justice, as if you're one of the judges on the trial there. How would you have decided? As for me, I'm still not sure how I would've decided...
fetzu's avatar

fetzu

Amazing camerawork. (And acting, of course)
sganeshkumar1989's avatar

sganeshkumar1989

Good to see this masterpiece back in IMDB top 250
9 months 1 week ago
Rohit's avatar

Rohit

I saw it a long time back and loved it. Was going through the IMDb page and realized that this is probably one of the greatest ensembles. This was the first time I witnessed Spencer Tracy, Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift and Richard Widmark. Gotta watch it again.
thesplatt's avatar

thesplatt

Powerful stuff.
3 weeks ago
Mic's avatar

Mic

Good movies try to give answers, best movies give questions to think about.

"Judgement at Nuremberg" belongs to the second group.
2 months 3 weeks ago
Louise_Dietrich's avatar

Louise_Dietrich

I have been putting this movie off for a while because I have a difficult time sitting through a 3 hour movie. With the death of Schell is February and never having seen a movie that he starred in, I thought it would be fitting to watch this. This movie is not only amazing in its performances, Montgomery Clift and Judy Garland in brilliant supporting roles, but the story as well. It shows the viewer both sides of the trial and, ultimately, the dangers of unquestioned patriotism.
4 months 3 weeks ago
MartCous's avatar

MartCous

I ended up watching the extended edition and all 283 minutes just flew by... mesmerizing acting.
6 months 3 weeks ago
Shrine_4_cinephiles's avatar

Shrine_4_cinephiles

one of the most amazing movies ever. brilliant dialogues which makes us introspect ourselves and our attitudes about the whole world. one of the greatest movies ever made.
11 months 4 weeks ago
neocowboy's avatar

neocowboy

I love a good crash zoom and the first one was innovative but afterwards it was abused to almost a farcical amount.
mysteryfan's avatar

mysteryfan

one of the most intelligent movies and awesome too.

Maxmillian Schell's performance is easily among the top 10 performances of all times.
robokop's avatar

robokop

Real good movie, tremendous acting

only problem I had that capt. James T Kirk, ehm I mean William Shatner, just reminds me of his Star Trek role (especially when at the ball he introduces his date)
kombelpeter's avatar

kombelpeter

Great acting.
mimurph1's avatar

mimurph1

never really like spencer tracy for some reason, but maximilian schell was amazing, i'll have to see more stuff by him