They Shoot Zombies, Don't They?'s comments

mightysparks's avatar

mightysparks

The 1st edition of this list is now live! The list will now remain frozen in its current position until the next update (hopefully in a year). I've also created an accompanying website similar to the TSPDT site, with reviews/screenshots/info: http://theyshootzombies.com/. Note that the 21st Century List is not yet completed, so it's blank for now.

For further films in the list please see this list: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/tszdt+1001-2000/mightysparks/ or download the spreadsheet with all 5,247 nominated films from the website!
Gary OldMan's avatar

Gary OldMan

Your life finally has meaning.
Flavio's avatar

Flavio

Make it a top 500 list. If you include obvious non-horror movies such as A Clockwork Orange, Requiem for a Dream, Ghost Busters (come on, really) and Come and See that means you are stretching it.
Dimitris Psachos Springer's avatar

Dimitris Psachos Springer

Can't help but notice how pathetic the recent update is: Insidious 2? Jennifer's Body? Fucked up remakes? Seriously, is this a horror list or a delusional epitome of C-grade, utterly forgettable flicks?

I mean, what was the problem exactly with Top 500 Horror films? Not enough anglophone crap to suggest?
Ebbywebby's avatar

Ebbywebby

This list does a marvelous job of showing that horror fanatics not only have bad taste in movies, but even have bad taste within their own genre.

It seems telling that so many of the source lists that fed this compendium are tiny lists of less than 20 titles. Lightweights with no breadth or perspective. The ultimate case of "too many cooks."

A whopping 496 of these films do not appear on any other official list. What does this tell you about their overall reputation?
Olum's avatar

Olum

This list is compiled using 800 other horror lists, so there can't be any better horror lists ever made, no one can argue on that. Make this the official horror list Asap! Great work mightysparks!
Jneves7's avatar

Jneves7

Great list, and great website as well. I always make an effort to check out horror lists on ICM, and I think this is the most definitive. I however think you should stop the inclusion of personal lists. Even if they are weighted very very lowly, I think it ruins the integrity a bit. Just my opinion however, hope to see you keep up the work! thanks
John Milton's avatar

John Milton

Can't wait for the update :)
5 months 1 week ago
-Toppler-'s avatar

-Toppler-

This new edition is appalling. Where is The Green Room, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Don't Breathe and the other horror movies from 2016? They act like nothing happened last year for that genre.
Biograf's avatar

Biograf

Great list, I will try to watch them all
Adamov10's avatar

Adamov10

We need a better action movie list!
caiman's avatar

caiman

Great freaking list. As far as I'm concerned this is the de facto horror list on this site. Thanks for the hard work!
essaywhu's avatar

essaywhu

Just wanted to say this list is great and keep up the good work! I feel like of all the horror lists on this site, this one has the chance at being the most definitive.
joachimt's avatar

joachimt

Dimitris:
quote:

The old horror list was from one poll on the IMDb-boards years ago. The source-page for that even disappeared. Not really a good source and it was outdated.
ca_horror_fan's avatar

ca_horror_fan

I <3 this list--and greatly appreciate the undertaking. It's not trivial to rank Dracula, 1931 (weak but famous) alongside Freaks, 1933 (an older unknown gem) and Martyrs, 2008 (extreme but powerful). This list, imho, strikes a good balance for the 358/1000 I've seen.