boussama91's avatar

boussama91

Korean jesus! mouth fingering, high fiveing, awesome limo chases, and a place where the uncool is cool, best explosions ever!
MrDoog's avatar

MrDoog

Fully expected this to be terrible but it wasn't bad. It has a few decent laughs though it does fizzle out a bit towards the end.
An okay movie to watch with a few mates.
mandapuspi's avatar

mandapuspi

A pretty good slapstick, I can say! Had a pretty good laugh while watching it. Cameos are a plus! Love Tatum's t-shirt "Beauty is Boring." :)

You'd think a comedy remake of a vintage TV show would be terrible - and many have been - but 21 Jump Street succeeds where most have failed, in large part by understanding the clich├ęs of the genres involved (action flicks, buddy cop movies, and TV remakes) and playing on them in a knowing way. Lots of laugh-out-loud moments, plenty more smiles, and heart from the get-go as two nemeses in high school become friends at Police Academy and get to relive their high school years undercover as teens. But teens have changed since they were in school, and the slim but crucial generation gap offers even more opportunities for comedy, especially when the two heroes flip roles - it's true I would be cooler in high school now than I ever was. Or maybe that's a fantasy; I've got no illusions. You won't really get me with gross-out and drug humor, but it's there too if that's what tickles ya, and some fun action beats as well. Is 22 Jump Street as much fun? If so, I'm in.
frankqb's avatar

frankqb

A refreshing look at the return to high school life as paralleled through the return to an 80s tv show.

Tatum and Hill are excellent comic forces throughout the film and the script, editing and pacing are generally spot on. There is a slight hiccup as it approaches the last act, but otherwise, this is a damned entertaining farce.

3 stars out of 4
sammysin's avatar

sammysin

Funny as fuck from the get go.

Loved it.
Let The Flames Begin's avatar

Let The Flames Begin

I watched this movie on the air plane and it was so difficult not to laugh out loud at the ridiculous and over-the-top humour. I absolutely loved it! I really liked how the movie and the storyline weren't taken seriously, they were mocking themselves. The cameo was awesome and so unexpected.
Maybe it is not a funny movie for everyone, but for me it was an incredible and easy amusement.