verdikt's avatar

verdikt

Please do not encourage such movies to be in the top 250. I'm an Indian and I've seen way other movies on the 250 list. If there's one movie that deserves to be up there, then it's Pather Panchali. TZP is acceptable, but NOT 3 Idiots.
Chocoladeridder's avatar

Chocoladeridder

Cringe worthy bollywood-style movie. Horrible acting by certain actors.
radoslav1948's avatar

radoslav1948

Cheesy but meaningful enough. Still I don't consider It as worthy for top 250.
lauli's avatar

lauli

Corny, but I confess it made me smile
stellaslove's avatar

stellaslove

I really liked this film. Maybe not 'laugh out loud' funny, but lots of moments which made me smile. Lots of heart in it, which I didn't realise I had missed for so long until I saw this.
firewordsparkler's avatar

firewordsparkler

This movie is amazing. It's full of humor and heart and has an all-around great plot. One of the best Hindi movies I've seen in a long time. And I've seen many.
KloVero's avatar

KloVero

spoiler

I understand the love/hate relationship on those bollywood movies. This isn't my cup of tea either, way much too cheesy in my opinion. But the thing is, I don't prefer blockbuster, and those two kinds of movies are pretty similar in my opinion ; both are created upon unoriginal scenarios that give people what they want ; easily understandable moral, emotions, entertainment. You're watching a Bollywood movie, of course there is going to be some random dance scenes, please don't whine about it, you're just showing your ignorance of the genre. I'm really impressed by how far India succeed in developing its cinema industry. I mean they really are competing the States on the technical aspect, and on that point I give them all the credits they deserve. Also, I love how manly those actors are crying during the whole movie!
Olehofsoy's avatar

Olehofsoy

Picture yourself a decent Hollywood-movie with up-and-coming actors and too complicated plot. I expected to be so bored during this movie, and from the trailers I've seen, I felt that this plot could be too much to handle. What happened instead was that I was lost in the movie after ten minutes, and it's clear that this is an instant favorite. It is funny, intersting, meaningful and also includes some fantastic musical scenes. A little cheesy, but not as much as I expected. 9/10
sinazal's avatar

sinazal

I think you can watch this movie together with your kid when s/he is getting ready for university to teach him/her about important things and where you stand. :) I love this movie.
gerryt's avatar

gerryt

Allthough the available subs don't cover the whole story the film is quite understandable and a pleasure watching. Touching story.
HyliaFischer's avatar

HyliaFischer

Of course it's a very naive movie and I didn't really watch a "typical" Bollywood movie before - but I just LOVED this one. It made me laugh and cry, a great movie.
IreneAdler's avatar

IreneAdler

Well, not among my favorite films - but it did contain some good scenes and a message about the school system.
rilinddd's avatar

rilinddd

9/10 great
anirban's avatar

anirban

Its quite hilarious that this movie is rated so high!
pramodc84's avatar