Carota's avatar

Carota

pointless as fuck
Duke of Omnium's avatar

Duke of Omnium

I found it incredibly unfunny. Every punch line was telegraphed a mile away, and wasn't all that good anyhow.
Rigters's avatar

Rigters

Awesomeness at it's best. Weird but funny movie. Also very adorable... Steve Carell MVP
-TJ-'s avatar

-TJ-

First time I actually liked something Will Ferrel starred in. But some of his jokes/moves were already becoming old during the movie, the runtime was just enough
daisyaday's avatar

daisyaday

This movie is so bad and unfunny that I wish I could poke out my mind's eye.
Sanctuary1's avatar

Sanctuary1

MILK WAS A BAD CHOICE
Earring72's avatar

Earring72

VERY silly and just mildly funny. Barely ok.

What does it say about me or the film that I enjoyed the outtakes from Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy more than the movie itself? It's this strange Bizarro animal that really is a feminist story, but since it focuses on the sexist douchebags that won't let Christina Applegate's anchorwoman into the boys' club, comes off as an "isn't sexism fun?" dumbass comedy, so exactly the opposite. It makes me squirm because I truly believe that fare like this (I soured on Mad Men as well), though meant as satire (very blunt satire in this case), is lost on literal-minded dudebros who go on to repeat the jokes and behavior they find so funny on screen. The relatively recent rise of extremist masculinism coincides with these entertainments, and I blame them in part for mainstreaming the ugly message. But perhaps that's not Anchorman's fault. I can find plenty of others, from the protagonist being a dull, badly acted caricature I would have found lacking in a 4-minute sketch on SNL, or the various non sequiturs that distract from whatever story they're trying to tell, like the News Team gang wars. Make this about Appelgate's character or even about journalism in the early 70s and you've got something that could be funny, biting and poignant. As is, everyone in the movie is way too dumb and fake to make any kind of impact on me. Left me cold.
bathkuyp's avatar

bathkuyp

LOUD NOISES!!!
stexdo's avatar

stexdo

Very good absurd comedy. The character played by Ferrell will be the same he will play for almost all of his next movies but it's still pretty funny.
Punisher's avatar

Punisher

Rubbish!
Dawizz's avatar

Dawizz

I file this one under the category of: How is it possible that this movie is in any list like Empire 500 or 501 Must see movies!! It's just awful beyond words!!! There's only a few funny moments and one of them you need to understand Spanish to fully get the punch line! No no no this movie shows us all how terrible in general movies where in the 00's!! And there's people out there that find this garbage funny?! And there's going to be a sequel this this very rotten tomato??!! Please some one save us from this movie wasteland we are actually living in!
Torgo's avatar

Torgo

An uniquely absurd comedy not many would have expected. The amount of daily quotable lines is endless.
One day, Steve Carell will be remembered as Brick Tamland.
bettiepepper's avatar

bettiepepper

Why don't you go back to your home on WHORE ISLAND?
GC4AH's avatar

GC4AH

BEARS! They can smell the menstration