Flops's avatar

Flops

I liked the world building but this movie is a mess.
1 year ago
Svenningen's avatar

Svenningen

Its a refreshing watch. Its nice to see a somewhat original take on Orcs and Elves.
I found myself asking a lot of questions that didn't get answered, but most of which was based on world-building and the setting of the movie, I like to walk away thinking that's a good thing, I want to know more. It's not the greatest of flicks out there, but the entertainment value is high! Enjoy this!
1 year ago
ENUR's avatar

ENUR

Rarely have I seen a movie with so many unanswered questions...
On paper it actually looks quite interesting, but unfortunately the result is terrible...
2 months 3 weeks ago
codedude's avatar

codedude

What a disaster of a movie...
11 months 2 weeks ago
Xondar's avatar

Xondar

Terrible movie.
11 months 2 weeks ago
crazy_bitch's avatar

crazy_bitch

Good premise and a fun watch. Not the best version of what this could have been, but story, characters and action are all decent and original enough to be interesting - although at times it seems a lot like a crossover between Le Cinquième Élément and Training Day (with a bit of R.I.P.D. and The Last Witch Hunter).
11 months 3 weeks ago
neko's kat's avatar

neko's kat

Would have been better if it was a series instead.. So much wasted potential.
6 months 3 weeks ago
royalspikey77's avatar

royalspikey77

Could probably have done with a more overt intro narrative explaining the world, historical, tensions, politics etc - they kind of dump you in it and expect you to understand... but I liked it nonetheless
9 months 3 weeks ago
DisneyStitch's avatar

DisneyStitch

I sort of enjoyed it, but the large popcorn bowl in my lap might have influenced that. Echoing the overall commentary here, the worldbuilding is decent but would have benefited from a bit more detail. There are certain references thrown in about things that happened thousands of years ago and who the "dark lord" is but the movie treats it like you're supposed to already know what it's talking about, when obviously that isn't the case. Definitely entertaining enough to hold the attention.

Seeing Will Smith swat a CGI fairy off his bird feeder was probably worth the Netflix click alone.
9 months ago
Paravail's avatar

Paravail

Really dumb...but I also really liked it.
1 year ago
alejoriggi's avatar

alejoriggi

Jakoby!
1 year ago
chunkylefunga's avatar

chunkylefunga

This movie tries to blend fantasy, hard hitting cop drama, and social commentary but ends up falling painfully short on all three fronts.
1 year ago
fightknights's avatar

fightknights

Fun movie!
1 year ago
Gually26's avatar

Gually26

First ever Netflix movie that is worth the watch!
1 year ago