dpanter's avatar

dpanter

Nice year for Jason Momoa in 2011 with high profile, high grade paying gigs. It's not like he has played this type of character before so he could snooze his way through the movie... *cough*Khal Drogo/Game Of Thrones*cough*Ronon Dex/Stargate Atlantis*cough*

Holy hell what a stink-fest. I should have listened to my instincts and just avoided this turd all together, but my curiosity got the better of me.

Game Of Thrones (Khal Drogo anyone?) meets Xena (generic Xena villain in pimped/gothed up Xena-ish environs) meets Dune (sand sand sand, and a Bene Gesserit witch), wrapped in a horrible soundtrack and raped by the worst script yet, this decade.

The fight scenes go on and on, they take up way to much time and aren't even interesting or conducive to the plot. To be fair, fights seldom advance plots. But when we don't even want to see them and they just go on forever? I interpret this as trying to compensate for a farked up script with meaningless time sink fights so the movie won't end after 45 minutes.

Don't forget the the most meaningless and useless filler supporting characters ever; like the thief Alibaba or whatever the fark his name was, and the black ship captain...

Basically everything sucked, period. I expected epic suckage, and boy did it deliver...
Jurubita's avatar

Jurubita

This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
DJPowWow's avatar

DJPowWow

I've become spoiled by the incredible "Conan" comics published by Dark Horse (and based closely on the Robert E. Howard stories) that I was hoping for a resurgence in the Conan franchise. Unfortunately, there was really no way this movie could have lived up to my expectations, nor escape from the shadow of the first two movies. It seemed like the filmmakers couldn't make up their minds whether to make it gritty and grim like the 1982 original "Conan the Barbarian" or light-hearted and silly like the watered-down sequel, "Conan the Destroyer".
lucynevin's avatar

lucynevin

Atrocious.
Zoldu's avatar

Zoldu

2 hours of action but still manages to be boring.

for the whole movie i felt like something was misssing.
tr35's avatar

tr35

I kind of don't understand what people expected from this movie. I personally thought it was hilarious and incredible because the movie never took itself serious. It didn't need to explain itself because it knew that it was ridiculous, just like Conan always is. The character himself is a misogynistic dick who has absolutely no mercy and it's fabulous. All in all, I think it was awesome and definitely deserves some credit for making you think of all the possible Schwarzenagger Puns that were left unsaid.
kathulu's avatar

kathulu

We put a moustache in the middle of the tv screen and it became the funniest movie on the planet earth. 10/10 would recommend
IreneAdler's avatar

IreneAdler

Holy crap, was that movie boring.

I liked Jason Momoa in Game of Thrones and the trailer suggested some beautiful landscape shots and visual effects, that's why I watched it... but the visual stuff was not nearly enough to save this movie. Boring from beginning to end. Sorry.
maruf_ur's avatar

maruf_ur

uff...garbage.
Metalmidget's avatar

Metalmidget

Conan's alter ego is clearly Khal Drogo... Same actor, i know, but the characters seem pretty much the same to me. The movie is just boring to watch really. Why were there supporting characters? I wouldn't know,because they seamed meaningless. Won't waste anymore words on this piece of garbage, just look below my comment and that should sum up all i can think about this movie.
Thorkell's avatar

Thorkell

Seen that, been there, done that. Too old for this shit! :(
VerySherry's avatar

VerySherry

Wow. I do not have anything nice to say so I'll just sit here and contemplate my wasted time :|
Earring72's avatar

Earring72

Never dull but strictly mediocre.....
8pU08769s48MEBgMo's avatar

8pU08769s48MEBgMo

Way to predictable
vextrigger's avatar

vextrigger

momoa gets a passing grade, everything else is bad, just bad