nes1983's avatar

nes1983

Somebody had recommended "Dawn of the dead." I should have asked which one. He meant the 1979 Romero version. I really should have asked.
Idiotwind's avatar

Idiotwind

The Man Comes Around was a great song choice for the opening credits.
CWHarlan's avatar

CWHarlan

Having grownup on the original George A. Romero film I would have to say that I prefer the original. The 1978 setting was just a lot of fun to watch, along with its original setting. I must say that I am causes around remakes. While some remakes indeed improve or re-imagine films (Such as "3:10 to Yuma" (2007)) I find that while that might have been James Gunn &
Zack Snyder's intentions it came across as a modern extreme version with unnecessary rewrites, Over the top action and downright ridicules scenes; lack of character development only bottlenecks any feeling you might have had for the survivors as they drop like flys. As Stephen Whitty said before me "it has no purpose of its own, except to exploit the latest advances in gore effects." I will leave on the note that this is my personal opinion and you may take it for what it's worth.
textbooktypo's avatar

textbooktypo

Fuck, I hate fast zombies.
Metalmidget's avatar

Metalmidget

The reason why characters in a zombie movie are stupid is because if they'd all have common sense, they would all survive and the movie would be boring... Still, it happens every time that i'm annoyed about it
Angellike's avatar

Angellike

If you've sat through until the ending you might as well watch through the end credits for some extra material.
shaveen's avatar

shaveen

An average movie !! 6/10
Blade22's avatar

Blade22

starting is terrific but gets slow in the middle
ending is ok
essaywhu's avatar

essaywhu

Why do so many modern Horror films have to have shitty "Hard rock" soundtracks? The original had an amazing score and they replace it with Disturbed? This would be a pretty decent film if it didn't cater to the LCD. Also: fast zombies are the worst!
kaffy's avatar

kaffy

This film has completely ruined Ty Burrell for me in any capacity.
nes1983's avatar

nes1983

In just about every shot I mumbled something about "implausible," "idiotic," …
akuma587's avatar

akuma587

If you taken the movie on its own, its passable. I preferred it to 28 Days Later, which I thought was ruined by the second half of the movie.
jktomas's avatar

jktomas

It's one of the worst films I have ever seen.
First of all, I love the original (watched it for the first time about two weeks before watching this piece of crap), but that has nothing to do with my hate. Even as stand alone film it is so bad it hurts to watch it.
CWHarlan said there's lack of character development? He's wrong! There is NO character development. There were so many "main" characters that I can't even remember any of their names, let alone their "personalities".
Not only that Zack Asholesnyder was too lazy to make interesting characters, he also knew that he isn't able to make movie about slow zombies scary, so he made it about fast zombies. Well that's ok. It's not that I am angry that he changed Romero's rules, but why did he call this piece of monkey balls a Dawn of the Dead remake then? It has nothing to do with it. Only the shopping mall and two lines from the original (BTW, it was paitful to listen to them).
Poor Savini and Ken Foree. They didn't know how bad this "movie" will be before signing up for cameos.
mandapuspi's avatar

mandapuspi

Keyen. Nakutinnya enak, ceritanya pedes dan soundtrack pun gahar. Zombie nya terlalu advanced, larinya cepet dan pintar.