Mr DeMille's avatar

Mr DeMille

Fanboys are one of the biggest problem with this world.
God's avatar

I don't think I've ever created someone who didn't like this movie.
EltonG's avatar

How this movie was voted 11th best of all time is really a mystery to me, it was an OK movie but nowhere near a "masterpiece".
Jinkla's avatar

If you're a lot younger, like myself, and are male, like myself, then Fight Club is expected to resonate well with you, and it most likely will, given you're not trying to be all "against the mainstream" and whatnot. You're also expected to grow out of the film at a maturer age and mindset, and you most likely will, given you're not trying to be all "against the mainstream" and whatnot.
Fight Club is a good film, a versatile film, but not particularly sensible. It doesn't make a lot of sense, correct? Brainwashing people so that they may break out of their daily routine to join a cult, which aims to do the opposite of what its causing, correct? It's confusing, but its sheer barbaric nature of male chauvinism and aggressive campaigns against our purposeless existence of consumerism, is utterly interesting and works to a blurry extent. It blasts through the red tape of gender equality and passive aggressive society, and blatantly holds up a sign stating "men have been neutered". Whether you believe we have, is up to you, but Fight Club certainly makes a strong case on why we have. This is where fighting comes in. Seen as a primitive rite of passage from boyhood to "manhood", the meaning is applied to these men who have supposedly forgotten their roots of "manliness". Now what this all means in the end is still hard to decipher, and I haven't read the book to judge whether it is just satire on nihilism and anarchy, but the film is testosterone fuelled and unapologetic in its message to this generations "average man", who is softened by consumer goods and lack of strong male influence.

It also has a pretty cool story and a disgusting art style, which generates a gritty, urban vibe.
Whether the film is overrated or not is a different story, and one that I don't want to get into, for I feel that just calling things "overrated" is a shitty fucking opinion that should be melted in a frunace! It's certainly not the greatest film of all time, but it explores some interesting questions that are left unanswered for good reason. If you're as angsty as my young blood, then give Fight Club a shot.
satyanash's avatar

Very good, complex film anchored by great acting and an excellent cinematography. An absolute pleasure to watch, although it drags a bit midway. Naturally it's a bit overrated, which is okay with me I suppose.
daniellegoncalves's avatar

Extremely overrated.
Musanna's avatar

First time I waited for the grand twist and had a mixed response overall.
Second time I was blown away. Not many a time do I enjoy a film even more the second time.
jacktrewin's avatar

it's quite an empty film but very well directed and deserves praise. not one of my favourites though

Easily in my top 5 films of all time, Fight Club is a ballad to the disenfranchised Generion Xers. Dark and grimy, but poetically visual, the film adds to the novel rather than reducing it to its bare parts. A great postmodern tale.
4 months 4 weeks ago
Hamaza's avatar

5 months ago
Sahal's avatar

The most overhyped movie EVER.
dilawashere's avatar

The only movie that has the potential to be better than the book. Still can't decide
wetwillies's avatar

i could've done without the subliminal penis at the end.
bernicestockstill's avatar

Fantastic movie)
3 weeks 6 days ago
gekarlt's avatar

Its fine movie but little bit overrated