dirte_lawndre's avatar

dirte_lawndre

Good film, great concept, really enjoyed it.
TheBanana's avatar

TheBanana

A future where Pluto still is a planet. Instant like.
dream_tiger's avatar

dream_tiger

Watched this in a genetics class I had in high school. One of my favorites. Love the noir/Hoover throwback vibe.
angelofernandes's avatar

angelofernandes

One of the best sci-fi movies ever. It is clean, sober, low tech and has everything in its right place. Great photography, cast, cast direction, amazing soundtrack (Michael Nyman ftw) and an awesome story.
Lahey's avatar

Lahey

Good story indeed, I expected alot less.

A favorite SF thriller from the 90s, I thought it couldn't really surprise me. But I'd actually forgotten some twists, so I was happy to revisit it this week. The look of the film is gorgeous, taking noir into a near future that is probably more relevant today than it was in 1997. Haven't heard much about stem cells lately (but the U.S. elections are coming up, so maybe soon), but the idea of doctors manipulating your child's DNA to realize a fuller potential is no doubt scientifically closer on the horizon. And of course, by giving in a noir, fascist architecture kind of feel, it makes the story more universal, evoking eugenics and segregation issues from the past century. It's hard now to get your head around the fact this was Jude Law's film debut, because he already comes off as the smooth actor he would soon become. The rest of the cast is just as stellar.
Mackmannen's avatar

Mackmannen

This is probably the only movie that have made me afraid of the future. This is perhaps the road to humanity will follow after mu lifetime.
mysteryfan's avatar

mysteryfan

Very okayish movie, I think the movie's problem is it comes across as promising to be a better movie than it is.
Duke of Omnium's avatar

Duke of Omnium

It's a great premise for a movie; I just wonder if they couldn't have done more with it than a fairly routine murder mystery.

Still, terrific dramatic tension, competent acting, and a world that is coherent, so far as we can see it.
ansver's avatar

ansver

Andrew Niccol did a great job again. This man is pretty good at writing unique stories. "The Truman Show" was the first movie that I met with Andrew Niccol and then "In time" came.
hurleysvan's avatar

hurleysvan

Good movie with an engaging plot that keeps you watching.
airi86ja's avatar

airi86ja

- Uma Thurman great as always.
greenhorg's avatar

greenhorg

Plot summary: A man overcomes his disabilities by lying about his job qualifications.
the3rdman's avatar

the3rdman

Much better than I expected. That said, the dialogue was rather stiff. Kudos to the director for not turning this into a typical sci-fi action film like the wretched The Island. Quite improbable at times, but on the whole a good concept and worth checking out.
BENtoTHEchen's avatar