Chikamaharry's avatar

Chikamaharry

This is an intelligent movie. Great story, that just slowly unfolds and keeps you right at the edge of your seat. Affleck shows us a great side here, delivering an awesome performance. Finer proves once again that he is one of Hollywoods best director, if not the best. Its not my personal favorite of his, which is the Social Network, but its pretty close.

This is a movie that just makes you want to punch someone in the face. It really shows how much media can fuck with your life, and how people can manipulate. in the beginning I felt like I had no certain person to root for, but it clearly evolved into a badguy and a victim. Wonder if a person of the opposite gender would feel different about this movie?

This movie has the creepiest soundtrack I have heard in a long time. It transmits a sort of creepy and unsettling mood perfectly. Really showed when the movie suddenly ended and everyone in the cinema didn't know what to do.
Unit 731's avatar

Unit 731

Terrible book got turned into a terrible movie.
Who would've guessed?
Pathetic writing, artificial shock value and illogical story filled with delicious plot holes.

No wonder this plays out like an overstretched episode of some retarded crime series.
Communicants's avatar

Communicants

I didn't know it was possible to display this much contempt for women in a movie. And I've seen most of Robbe-Grillet's movies.
Jook's avatar

Jook

Stunning, loved it.
kurvduam's avatar

kurvduam

(removed by mod: please post in English)
KaramAkerfeldt's avatar

KaramAkerfeldt

I don't usually leave comments but this was so bad, I have to. Terrible. What's with the hype? All actors are really bad, the conversations and acting sound and seem so fake. Very Americanized (and not in a good way). What a waste of time and hype. Had high expectations coming from a prolific director but ended up being butthurtly disappointed.
tommy_leazaq's avatar

tommy_leazaq

A good anti-marriage film!
bethrose's avatar

bethrose

Story line was brilliant throughout until the very end! I was very disappointed at this as in my opinion the end should be the best part but unfortunately it seems as though the writer had nowhere else to go with the story line so they just filled it in and i must say it had a very negative effect. i was disappointed as the story had a lot of potential.
prasanth's avatar

prasanth

Ben Afflect again proves his acting prowess.
tweet_tweet's avatar

tweet_tweet

Hehe... what would you do if you end up marrying a girl like that? :-O
Princess_Of_Snails's avatar

Princess_Of_Snails

I was completely on the edge of my seat watching this one. Extremely well done! My only issue is how we didn't get to see the investigation into the death of Neil Patrick Harris' character. Surely the police would have been able to piece together how Amy must have killed him because there would have virtually been no way for her to get a hold of a box cutter if she was tied up. Other than a couple plot holes, I absolutely loved it!
rociwi's avatar

rociwi

Some smart people in here, my experience at the cinema:

OMG
OMG
LOL
I need to pee, do you think there's much left?
OMG
THIS IS CRAZY
WTF
OMG
WHAT?
Oneironaut's avatar

Oneironaut

Incredible. Loved the direction, the music... the crazy story! I didn't know much before I saw it and that's the way I'd recommend you view it (obviously if you're not reading the novel first).
Jordan95's avatar

Jordan95

Another excellent entry to Filmer's exemplary filmography. The twisted story fits perfectly with his style.
HyliaFischer's avatar

HyliaFischer

For Fincher it was okay. Not one his best movies, but also none of his worst.
The one scene with Pike and NPH mentioned in the other commentary here is shot very nice, editing and score in this scene are just brillant. I liked the psychopathic undertone. I was just disappointed that the viewer gets to know what happened to the wife very early in the movie, after like 30 minutes. From that point on it's just a regular thriller with some good camera work.