CrumbThumber's avatar

CrumbThumber

not void of serious problems. like, if you want to just make a horror movie, quit explaining mass murder by completely non-related pagan sacrifices.

and when he throws the mask on the camera, i just started to laugh. some of the acting is ridiculous. when the main guy sees the kid killed and raises his fists and it is comically bad. and the unattached arm. just pretty awful acting.

and the relationship is really unbelievable.

but despite all this, it isnt awful. it is entertaining enough through mystery and a good soundtrack to make it worth a watch if you are a fan of horror.
popfactor's avatar

popfactor

I'm surprised that the majority of comments are negative. I thought this film was really entertaining! After seeing this I'm glad I persevered through Halloween II (which I found pretty lacklustre).
AfterTheParade's avatar

AfterTheParade

People, could you eventually forget about the title of this movie? Yes we know there's no Michael Myers in it and that's probably the reason why this is quite an intelligent little horror flick about mass media, commodity fetishism and how people in the 20s and even more in the 21st century are affected by its manipulative character.
Larusso's avatar

Larusso

Fun and entertaining. And it has some cool effects. I wish people would get the fuck over its name and appreciate it as a stand alone movie.
Prof. Lumpcicle's avatar

Prof. Lumpcicle

@jorislcl
Except for the fact he scored and produced the film. I would call that "something".

Trust me, the whole vibe is Carpenter.

Michael Myers movies sucked after II anyways. I really wish they would have buried that character and continued to make cool flicks like this.
saudade's avatar

saudade

Happy, happy Halloween
Halloween, Halloween
Happy, happy Halloween
Silver Shamrock!
10 months ago
Level's avatar

Level

One of the 50 greatest sequels of all time? What have you been smoking, Empire Online?
The Last Baron's avatar

The Last Baron

This movie really isn't as bad as you've probably heard from, like, anyone. No Michael Meyers, so it's a little strange this is billed as the third movie in the series, but it's a neat little ghost story. It doesn't offer up the same scares as the rest of the series, but it's quite a creepy little tale.

Worth watching if you come into it with an open mind.
danisanna's avatar

danisanna

I'd like the last 2 hours of my life back, please.
1 month ago
RyanGerardM's avatar

RyanGerardM

Its okay, that's all I can say really. Would have liked it slightly better if it was a stand alone film and not part of the Halloween series.
BeasleyOnFilm's avatar

BeasleyOnFilm

It's fine. That's as complimentary as I can be.
Joris B.'s avatar

Joris B.

@ Quanthor ''Give it a different name and it's a horror classic because it's a Carpenter film through and through.''

This movie doesn't have much to do with John Carpenter accept for the Halloween name.

And by the way, I think it's a good thing Michael Myers doesn't appear in this movie, because he was definitely dead at the end of Halloween II.
CrazyPenguinJuice's avatar

CrazyPenguinJuice

One of the best Halloween movies!
Prof. Lumpcicle's avatar

Prof. Lumpcicle

I seriously can't believe people dislike this movie so much. Give it a different name and it's a horror classic because it's a Carpenter film through and through.
RoastMutton10's avatar

RoastMutton10

That little jingle that's constantly on the t.v is really horrible >.