Skanderaje's avatar

Skanderaje

So fun! It's really like a video game!
Ezergill's avatar

Ezergill

Almost barfed a few dozens of times from all the camera shakes, but the action was totally worth it. Also, great performances from Copley and Kozlovsky. The whole movie is really too videogame-y, but it doesn't mean that it's not enjoyable.
RogueM's avatar

RogueM

Not for those who get motion sickness, but still a fun ride.
Facundo Reyes's avatar

Facundo Reyes

The longest gameplay ever.

Funny Sharlto Copley accent helps him to fit in all this russian circus.
Emiam's avatar

Emiam

Haha, what a funny movie! Sharlto Copley as Henry's friend Jimmy is great - carries on himself!! Good soundtrack! Otherwise: First time in history a feature film with the main character always in FPS (first person shooter)-mode!

Should be in some top list! "Because it's worth it!"
Carota's avatar

Carota

the horse!
justwannaboogie's avatar

justwannaboogie

The Blu-ray title menu for this film has Don't Stop Me Now playing on loop. I knew what to expect straight away..
royalspikey77's avatar

royalspikey77

Super duper mental movie. Got to love it if you like action/gaming/extremely satisfying violence - a really standout project full of good ideas, great effects, humour and of course the awesome Sharlto Copley
nanolucas's avatar

nanolucas

One of the purest action movies to come out in the last decade. Non-stop fun!
Jace Lightner's avatar

Jace Lightner

Unique
MacBrains's avatar

MacBrains

Incredibly WTF, totally fun. Probably the best tribute to FPS ever in the movie history.
starnamedstork's avatar

starnamedstork

Crank - the video game. Or should that be Call of Grand Theft Mirrors - the movie?

So yeah, what armyofshadows said. It is a video game. On top of the elements he mentions, I would like to add:

- a sidekick talking you through the tutorial, the story and any new gameplay mechanics
- clearly defined mission objectives and waypoints
- scripted events and cutscenes
- powerups

If you like outrageous over the top action and/or video games, you will be fine. If you get dizzy by the sign of blood or the thought of climbing into a ferris wheel, you should probably sit this one out.
Agrimorfee's avatar

Agrimorfee

I had tears running down my face at times, so much fun...although I also needed to look away for a few moments 60% in, I needed a visual stimulation break.

I see why this is titled "Hardcore Henry" in America. It has a much different meaning all by itself.
CatiaOrmonde's avatar

CatiaOrmonde

Felt like I was playing a game, from the very beginning. However, I came to the conclusion that, if I had decided to play a game instead of watching this, I'd probably have been much more amused.
Slylingual24's avatar

Slylingual24

Nothing short of an incredibly great time.