Froznic's avatar

Froznic

One of the best films I've seen in a long time. I should of watched this long before now! Tuco plays his part exceptionally well.
Dieguito's avatar

Dieguito

The perfect Masterpiece! Definitely the best Western movie, and certainly one of the best movies ever made! Sergio Leone and Ennio Morricone are superb, the cinematography and soundtrack alongside the best I've ever seen!
Blade22's avatar

Blade22

Excellent movie masterpiece
Cesar Augusto's avatar

Cesar Augusto

It's a great western movie! especially if you watch with your father!
danhofstra's avatar

danhofstra

I had tears in my eyes at the end...only because I couldn't believe that something could be so perfect.
safeeuropeanhome's avatar

safeeuropeanhome

Three hours and I was spellbound by the entirety of it, awesome.
fonz's avatar

fonz

The Good:
-Ennio Morricone's score
-the entire cemetery scene
-tension building
-emotional payoffs
-the last 40 minutes
-transitions (specifically the one into the cemetery)
-Eli Wallach
-character introductions
-balance between each character's story

The Bad:
-Clint Eastwood's acting
-Lee Van Cleef disappears for too long

The Ugly:
-dubbing
-Lee Van Cleef's missing finger

A great, if somewhat long western that features iconic western archetypes whose paths cross in their quest for treasure, a quest that also intersects the American Civil War. The latter provides an epic backdrop to the story, as well as a sense that these western icons are simply floating through a geography of fiction and history, commenting on these events from the inside. It's not about historical accuracy. It's about the Old West as mythology. Such an icon of a film that many parts of it - the music especially - will seem familiar the first time you see it; that's to be expected. And yet, it surprised me at every turn, right up to the highly visual showdown between the three characters. I realize I'm seeing Leone's big western cycle in reverse (my first was Once Upon a Time in the West), but so be it. I'll discover the earlier Dollars films in due course.
piri's avatar

piri

So that's where so many films copied scenes from....!! I recommend it to anyone who has not seen it yet, you will have a great time!
IreneAdler's avatar

IreneAdler

Wonderful old movie - great actors, amazing music of course, good fun and action. Some scenes are just so hilarious :) and the characters are unique and absolutely fascinating. Furthermore, the film plays really well with sound and silence. So great!
temyi75's avatar

temyi75

Leone's best movie. World's best western.
ReVision's avatar

ReVision

The #1 Western movie Period!
And one of the best movies ever. Should be in every critics list!
Paper_Okami's avatar

Paper_Okami

Best Western even and one of the best movies period.
byte1918's avatar

byte1918

My fav. movie of all times, and I simply loved Tuco character.
duchin6's avatar

duchin6

one of the best westerns ever,eastwood and Wallach worked fantastic together,loved it.
9 months 3 weeks ago