Cabbie's avatar

Cabbie

Ken: [looking at a surreal Bosch painting] It's Judgment Day, you know?
Ray: No. What's that then?
Ken: Well, it's, you know, the final day on Earth, when mankind will be judged for the crimes they've committed and that.
Ray: Oh. And see who gets into heaven and who gets into hell and all that.
Ken: Yeah. And what's the other place?
Ray: Purgatory.
Ken: Purgatory... what's that?
Ray: Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham.
[pause]
Ray: Do you believe in all that stuff, Ken?
Ken: About Tottenham?
jseingaldt's avatar

jseingaldt

What a pleasant surprise. I didn't know anything about this movie when I started watching it. The soundtrack, the camera work -- the overall atmosphere of the movie pulled me and kept me "enchanted" to the end.
The dark subtle humor was brilliant.
Joker of Gotham's avatar

Joker of Gotham

This movie has everything: drama, crime, comedy, romance, action, really a great movie with a awesome character well played by Colin Farrell
4.5/5
dchauvin's avatar

dchauvin

Features some of the best lines ever written, particularly - "YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FUCKING OBJECT!!!!". Underrated, if anything, I'd say.
Josh_Glover's avatar

Josh_Glover

Great film that had a lot or dark, comedic moments and some quality lines such as "you're an inanimate fucking object. I kind of wish that spoiler though which put a slight dampener on my evening. All in all the movie was very, very cute and Colin Farrell is the definition of cheeky.
Unfortunate Synopsis's avatar

Unfortunate Synopsis

Fleur Delacour and the music from Metroid.
Dewsions's avatar

Dewsions

A film with a unique feel accompanied by an enchanting soundtrack and really great performances.
toopsy's avatar

toopsy

brilliant :)
Hugo Machado's avatar

Hugo Machado

This is truly a brilliant movie with awesome performances and a beautiful soundtrack. Goes directly to my all time favourites.

Highly recommended.
MASD's avatar

MASD

Very, very close to perfection. Certainly one of the best of the decade.
Fenring's avatar

Fenring

I love "In Bruges" and loved Bruges after movie. Amazing and wonderful movie. And the city really is a f**kin' fairytale!
marcemedi's avatar

marcemedi

I did not expect it to be so good and so funny, I guess Tarantino liked it as much as I did. 8/10.
2 months ago
GremVendetta's avatar

GremVendetta

"You're an inanimate f**king object!"
9 months 3 weeks ago
Lumen's avatar

Lumen

It's not that good, right?
It's filmed elegantly, there are a couple of good lines, and a nice-as-always Brendan Gleeson. I also enjoyed that the Ray and Ken are two ordinary losers, terribly un-cool and reletable despite their job. But that's it...
I thought Colin Pharrell was ridiculous (although the character is well written).The plot is filled with way too much improbable stuff (the canadians in the train, the repeated meetings with people, Bruges is quite big you know). I think the whole concept is original, but what a way to kill an original story by making it so bloody predictable :(
RikB86's avatar

RikB86

1) Favorite line: It's very narrow... 2) spoiler. 3) Harry had principles. Good for him.