jseingaldt's avatar

jseingaldt

What a pleasant surprise. I didn't know anything about this movie when I started watching it. The soundtrack, the camera work -- the overall atmosphere of the movie pulled me and kept me "enchanted" to the end.
The dark subtle humor was brilliant.
Cabbie's avatar

Cabbie

Ken: [looking at a surreal Bosch painting] It's Judgment Day, you know?
Ray: No. What's that then?
Ken: Well, it's, you know, the final day on Earth, when mankind will be judged for the crimes they've committed and that.
Ray: Oh. And see who gets into heaven and who gets into hell and all that.
Ken: Yeah. And what's the other place?
Ray: Purgatory.
Ken: Purgatory... what's that?
Ray: Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham.
[pause]
Ray: Do you believe in all that stuff, Ken?
Ken: About Tottenham?
Joker of Gotham's avatar

Joker of Gotham

This movie has everything: drama, crime, comedy, romance, action, really a great movie with a awesome character well played by Colin Farrell
4.5/5
Josh_Glover's avatar

Josh_Glover

Great film that had a lot or dark, comedic moments and some quality lines such as "you're an inanimate fucking object. I kind of wish that spoiler though which put a slight dampener on my evening. All in all the movie was very, very cute and Colin Farrell is the definition of cheeky.
dchauvin's avatar

dchauvin

Features some of the best lines ever written, particularly - "YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FUCKING OBJECT!!!!". Underrated, if anything, I'd say.
cmm1285's avatar

cmm1285

Fleur Delacour and the music from Metroid.
3 months 2 weeks ago
Groovy09's avatar

Groovy09

A great little black comedy of a film about two hitmen who tries to keep low profil in the belgian town of Bruges after a certain killing. Filled with clever and witty dialog, memorable characters and a very well written script, makes this movie an absolute must see.
1 year 1 month ago
Dewsions's avatar

Dewsions

A film with a unique feel accompanied by an enchanting soundtrack and really great performances.
toopsy's avatar

toopsy

brilliant :)
Hugo Machado's avatar

Hugo Machado

This is truly a brilliant movie with awesome performances and a beautiful soundtrack. Goes directly to my all time favourites.

Highly recommended.
Lumen's avatar

Lumen

It's not that good, right?
It's filmed elegantly, there are a couple of good lines, and a nice-as-always Brendan Gleeson. I also enjoyed that the Ray and Ken are two ordinary losers, terribly un-cool and reletable despite their job. But that's it...
I thought Colin Pharrell was ridiculous (although the character is well written).The plot is filled with way too much improbable stuff (the canadians in the train, the repeated meetings with people, Bruges is quite big you know). I think the whole concept is original, but what a way to kill an original story by making it so bloody predictable :(
1 month 2 weeks ago
RikB86's avatar

RikB86

1) Favorite line: It's very narrow... 2) spoiler. 3) Harry had principles. Good for him.
4 months 3 weeks ago
mrjordanbelfort23's avatar

mrjordanbelfort23

Easily one of the top movies I've ever watched. Meaningful, amazing lines, top performances, funny. MUST WATCH
10 months 2 weeks ago

Playwright Martin McDonaugh's film, In Bruges, is a dark comedy/light tragedy about hitmen spending time in Bruges, a quiet, touristy town in Belgium, while waiting for their next contract. These killers are rather more human than the genre's usual, with their own interests and personal drama. Colin Farrell is endearingly dim-witted, but believably tortured by a hit gone wrong, while Brendan Gleeson is the tedious, disciplined veteran who could spend all day seeing the sights. Neither of these men relish killing, nor does their boss played by Ralph Fiennes, for that matter, though he seems a little on edge than they are. Naturally, it's all going to turn into a perfect Fiasco before the end. Great location, excellent acting, textured writing, strange and original moments... Thoroughly enjoyed that.
Jace Lightner's avatar

Jace Lightner

I was excited to share with you all the epic quotes that came out of this movie. Particularly "you're an inanimate fucking object" - but many have already mentioned it which shows how memorable this film was. I feel like it is underrated as I came across this by chance!