MartCous's avatar

MartCous

A real mind-blowing experience featuring Hans Zimmer at his best with an awesome dream-like score. Great character development for the protagonist. Awesome effects. You might need a second watch as it is quite a fast-paced movie. I also recommend watching the animated prequel if you enjoyed it. It's definitely not for everyone, but it worked very well for me. My personal favorite.
DangerDinosaur's avatar

DangerDinosaur

For a giant blockbuster summer movie Inception is audacious as hell. The final extended dreams-within-dreams sequence is just stunningly put together.
akuma587's avatar

akuma587

I don't buy the whole no heart bit. One, its largely an action movie, so simply by the conventions of the genre you are asking a lot if you expect the kind of character development you get in a traditional drama movie. Look at all the action movies in the IMDB Top 50 for that category. Star Wars is a great example. Wooden acting and predictable character development.

Two, the character development IS pretty good. Now not every character is given a 10-minute backstory and a flashback underlining for you all their motivations as a character (do you really think it would have helped the film?). But the central characters, Cobb, Ariadne, and Mal, are very well-developed, have interesting stories, and have their stories told in a compelling way.

Some of you are holding this movie to unrealistic standards and ignoring its genre, which doesn't necessarily focus on fleshing out every single detail of every single character.
aKIDOn's avatar

aKIDOn

We will never know all the possible interpretations of this movie. Those who think its over rated need many repeat watches to know its depth. I saw this for almost 10th time and now i got some clues that the whole movie might be a dream. That's what I call a great movie. It probably didn't get the best picture cause the academy members didn't get it like all those people who think it was over rated.
IreneAdler's avatar

IreneAdler

I liked that movie a lot. In the beginning I really had to focus in order not to miss any important facts but I enjoyed it very much. I think the suspense is great and I just love movies that keep you guessing and allow different angles of interpretation. Some of the plot ideas really intrigued me and the emotional aspects of the story were really touching. And of course it was visually very exciting.
Saraxx's avatar

Saraxx

It was a good movie but I think it's been overrated.

Inception was the much-talked-about mindf*ck in which people navigate others' dreams (a straight cross between Ocean's Eleven and The Matrix). Its play on reality is both visually inventive and entertainingly complex enough to bear multiple viewings. My inception moment: That night, I actually dreamed about Inception and woke up around five thinking I had figured out just where reality broke down, but then the rest of the morning REM sleep added lots of extra clues that proved my theory and which of course, weren't there. The kind of puzzle film that will keep people debating for a while. Nolan continues to impress with his action-filled think pieces.
vivienblue_06's avatar

vivienblue_06

I just hate Mal, hate her so much in this film.... But the movie is great; the story, the characters etc. At first I thought this movie will be boring but I was wrong, the film was definitely the opposite of boring.
elizabethyates's avatar

elizabethyates

It took me a while to get around watching Inception but I'm glad I did. One of the most well thought-out films in years with every little detail planned and paid attention to precisely.

Such a powerful cast was needed to carry a film like this and this cast did it justice. I was absolutely entranced by every performance and it's amazing to Leonardo DiCaprio has yet to win an Oscar. Marion Cotillard gave a lovely craze-fueled adaptation to her character and I was taken back by her as usual; a true talent.

At times the film was slightly confusing and hard to understand but it was much easier to pick up on than I had imagined it to be beforehand. The script allowed explanation without giving it all away in an unique fashion.

The sound effects were beautiful along with the background music - completely added to every scene.

Phenomenal in every sense, Inception will make you go insane and enjoy every second of it. Great film with a very well deserved hype in all areas.

9.2/10
Scratch47's avatar

Scratch47

1 GREAT idea, played out in a really boring way. There was never any doubt to the outcome for me and so all the plot machinations and multi-level threads were for nothing.
zamora00's avatar

zamora00

Troppe sparatorie
TheMajor's avatar

TheMajor

The Matrix + Welt am Draht + Waking Life == Inception.

A very good film. Many plotholes, but I still think it's well written. It's nothing original, but the way they put it all together is great.
parakisu's avatar

parakisu

The concept, itself, isn't too novel - it reminds me of the Matrix. But I think its the quality of the cast that brings this story alive. I am, again, impressed by Leonardo Dicaprio.
reid916's avatar

reid916

Its a good movie. Stop slating it
jerichoholic's avatar

jerichoholic

One of the best movies I have ever seen. I like innovative films.