Saraxx's avatar

Saraxx

It was a good movie but I think it's been overrated.
Uruloki's avatar

Uruloki

I'm not comparing it to character-driven movies (character arcs, story arcs and what not are overrated anyway), but to other movies concerning dreams. Let's take Mulholland Drive then, where the obscurity and mindfuck of it all is the treat; solving the puzzle is key here. Inception, on the other hand, is an already solved puzzle, and throw in a tour guide to tell you what every piece looks like and how to correctly perceive the final picture and pinpoint every detail, will ya?

Anyway, creativity, and how to handle it, is mentioned as a key point here. Well, yes, but it's still about what's real and what's not, and the border between dream and reality, why else the obnoxiously gimmicky "open ending"? It depicts a world where total creativity rules, true, but in the end it's still about delusion; how that imaginary dreamworld can drive one to accept it as the truth.

But really, that doesn't matter too much to me. HEMA's view is what bothers me. Understanding what's going on is certainly not a big problem with Inception, is it? I could easily label it as one of the most over-explaining movies of the decade, and "seeing half the concepts and ideas" isn't really that much of a chore; yet, still, everyone starts creaming all over it like it's the most complex masterpiece ever, and if you don't like it, then surely you simply "didn't get it". Great.

Now, I can deal with MaxS' perception that it is a must-see for action fan: yes, it is an OK action movie (too much of that henchman-stuff though). But when everyone starts raving about it being a benchmark in cinema and the smartest movie in years... well, remember Avatar? Remember The Dark Knight? Rather remember Public Enemy: Don't believe the hype.

In my eyes, Inception is a mediocre summer-blockbuster with some nice ideas not nearly explored enough and some good eyecandy, but it won't stand the test of time.
Paulorsadv's avatar

Paulorsadv

Overrated
MartCous's avatar

MartCous

A real mind-blowing experience featuring Hans Zimmer at his best with an awesome dream-like score. Great character development for the protagonist. Awesome effects. You might need a second watch as it is quite a fast-paced movie. I also recommend watching the animated prequel if you enjoyed it. It's definitely not for everyone, but it worked very well for me. My personal favorite.
IreneAdler's avatar

IreneAdler

I liked that movie a lot. In the beginning I really had to focus in order not to miss any important facts but I enjoyed it very much. I think the suspense is great and I just love movies that keep you guessing and allow different angles of interpretation. Some of the plot ideas really intrigued me and the emotional aspects of the story were really touching. And of course it was visually very exciting.
Scratch47's avatar

Scratch47

1 GREAT idea, played out in a really boring way. There was never any doubt to the outcome for me and so all the plot machinations and multi-level threads were for nothing.
DangerDinosaur's avatar

DangerDinosaur

For a giant blockbuster summer movie Inception is audacious as hell. The final extended dreams-within-dreams sequence is just stunningly put together.
aKIDOn's avatar

aKIDOn

We will never know all the possible interpretations of this movie. Those who think its over rated need many repeat watches to know its depth. I saw this for almost 10th time and now i got some clues that the whole movie might be a dream. That's what I call a great movie. It probably didn't get the best picture cause the academy members didn't get it like all those people who think it was over rated.
1 year 1 month ago
Raj404's avatar

Raj404

For me its pretty dimensional movie lol... its kinda genuine that this movie is overrated coz i have watched it and feel its was great (found no glitch on acting or in the movie either) but seriously it won't come that much to you expectations.
vivienblue_06's avatar

vivienblue_06

I just hate Mal, hate her so much in this film.... But the movie is great; the story, the characters etc. At first I thought this movie will be boring but I was wrong, the film was definitely the opposite of boring.
elizabethyates's avatar

elizabethyates

It took me a while to get around watching Inception but I'm glad I did. One of the most well thought-out films in years with every little detail planned and paid attention to precisely.

Such a powerful cast was needed to carry a film like this and this cast did it justice. I was absolutely entranced by every performance and it's amazing to Leonardo DiCaprio has yet to win an Oscar. Marion Cotillard gave a lovely craze-fueled adaptation to her character and I was taken back by her as usual; a true talent.

At times the film was slightly confusing and hard to understand but it was much easier to pick up on than I had imagined it to be beforehand. The script allowed explanation without giving it all away in an unique fashion.

The sound effects were beautiful along with the background music - completely added to every scene.

Phenomenal in every sense, Inception will make you go insane and enjoy every second of it. Great film with a very well deserved hype in all areas.

9.2/10
mook's avatar

mook

Nolan's SciFi heist thriller. Hugely ambitious, original and inventive - although not as good on this second viewing. 8/10.

Follow me on Twitter @LastFilmSeen
zamora00's avatar

zamora00

Troppe sparatorie
vuxanov's avatar

vuxanov

You think Inception was mind blowing? That is so cute...
Malena's avatar

Malena

Cinematography and soundtrack are impressing, the rest is not......I will have to watch it a second time to see if my opinion changes.......