_andrea_'s avatar

_andrea_

My ultimate guilty pleasure. I love Cody's playful script
adastras's avatar

adastras

extremely campy. better than i thought it would be.
woeb0t's avatar

woeb0t

Not sure why so many people seem to hate this one. I thought it was very entertaining. Really fun to watch and it had me laughing along the way.
LaIsi's avatar

LaIsi

Had really low expectations before watching it, but it turned out to be much better than I thought. Loved the idea of the literal man-eater, I felt I could relate to that. Also, not your cliché comedy/horror where it's all about watching the girl get naked. The popular/nerd friendship was a good point too, and I loved it how Needy beat Jennifer not because she learned something and became a better person, but because she just straight killed her. Bloodily.
Tidorith's avatar

Tidorith

Excellent.

Slow build up to exactly where things are going with just the right amount of stuff remaining not completely clear as things go along. Multiple interesting characters. Very fun movie too.
Mrtrick's avatar

Mrtrick

Jennifer’s Body seems destined to remain a love it or hate it movie. I suppose I’m in the minority of finding it neither an overwhelming failure or a remarkable achievement. Mostly it’s just pretty good. A fun time at the movies.
I enjoy Diablo Cody’s writing though I think sometimes it’s overly precious, with a few scenes falling short of it’s Heather’s like goal of black comic excellence. The horror is well crafted but not overly visceral, mostly pulling punches instead of going for the jugular. The sexuality is pronounced but somewhat tame when you get down to it. Punches again pulled, mostly content to tease. (Particularly with it’s Sapphic elements, which get a winking allusion but actually end up somewhat discursive.) The film is also rather anti-climatic, saving one particularly desired outcome for a credit scene clip-show when it should have been a ball-busting set piece.
Overall it’s fun and funny. Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried are easy on the eyes and well cast. It’s just not the film that either polarized opinion paints it as.
E. T. Blunt's avatar

E. T. Blunt

Entertaining satire on the nightmare of outgrowing your BFF.
Gilles Debil's avatar

Gilles Debil

@lalsi: please put a spoiler alert.
junegoon's avatar

junegoon

Bodily flick
gismar's avatar

gismar

This is not made for men wanting to see megan fox naked. It's written and directed by two brilliant ladies and the to main leads are GREAT and it's so much fun and a perfect maneater girlpower movie, I loved it
abmannetje's avatar

abmannetje

Not a horror-comedy. but laughable horror, or scarry comedy. Might even become a new genre.
The movie ends where it starts and I think that is good, 'cause I forgot that while watching.
leannan's avatar

leannan

Mean Girls: The Horror Movie. It's definitely a comedy, and I rather liked it.
yocxl's avatar

yocxl

Pretty stupid movie.
On cinema at the cinema's avatar

On cinema at the cinema

Awful. But a good awful. Still awful tho..
1 day 12 hours ago
Zeus-Incorrigible's avatar

Zeus-Incorrigible

yo this movie fuckin ///////slaps////////
extreme double feature with heathers
5 months 1 week ago