voltesque's avatar

The film not only possesses compelling dialogues and acting that draws you into the whole trial, but also has a very haunting presence to it; the underlying principal of humanity. Running time of 186 minutes, and not a single one of them wasted. Particularly adored Maximilian Schell and Montgomery Clift's performances.
Forrester's avatar

Judgment at Nuremberg contains some of the best acting I've ever seen on film. Maximilian Schell, Judy Garland and Montgomery Clift are all great, just to name a few.

The movie is very dialogue-oriented and besides the length of three hours I was never bored during it. The dialogues are not only great to listen to, but they're also very well filmed. For example, when a person in the witness stand is speaking, the camera pans around him. Another example: when a witness is speaking about someone inside the courtroom, the camera turns towards that person. These kind of tricks give the dialogues a lot of tension.

Judgment at Nuremberg makes you think a lot about justice, as if you're one of the judges on the trial there. How would you have decided? As for me, I'm still not sure how I would've decided...
sganeshkumar1989's avatar

Good to see this masterpiece back in IMDB top 250
fetzu's avatar

Amazing camerawork. (And acting, of course)
Rohit's avatar

I saw it a long time back and loved it. Was going through the IMDb page and realized that this is probably one of the greatest ensembles. This was the first time I witnessed Spencer Tracy, Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift and Richard Widmark. Gotta watch it again.
Louise_Dietrich's avatar

I have been putting this movie off for a while because I have a difficult time sitting through a 3 hour movie. With the death of Schell is February and never having seen a movie that he starred in, I thought it would be fitting to watch this. This movie is not only amazing in its performances, Montgomery Clift and Judy Garland in brilliant supporting roles, but the story as well. It shows the viewer both sides of the trial and, ultimately, the dangers of unquestioned patriotism.
MartCous's avatar

I ended up watching the extended edition and all 283 minutes just flew by... mesmerizing acting.
Shrine_4_cinephiles's avatar

one of the most amazing movies ever. brilliant dialogues which makes us introspect ourselves and our attitudes about the whole world. one of the greatest movies ever made.
oleole90's avatar

Hasn't aged a bit. Loved it!
2 months 3 weeks ago
Burkey's avatar

"But to be logical is not to be right."
7 months 1 week ago
thesplatt's avatar

Powerful stuff.
Mic's avatar

Good movies try to give answers, best movies give questions to think about.

"Judgement at Nuremberg" belongs to the second group.
neocowboy's avatar

I love a good crash zoom and the first one was innovative but afterwards it was abused to almost a farcical amount.
mysteryfan's avatar

one of the most intelligent movies and awesome too.

Maxmillian Schell's performance is easily among the top 10 performances of all times.
robokop's avatar

Real good movie, tremendous acting

only problem I had that capt. James T Kirk, ehm I mean William Shatner, just reminds me of his Star Trek role (especially when at the ball he introduces his date)