TalkingElvish's avatar

TalkingElvish

Incredible. I put this off for years until I could see it on the big screen and I don't regret it. Just mind bogglingly massive, and a real reminder at how CGI just cannot evoke an emotional response like some of the meticulously constructed and dazzlingly rendered set-pieces this film can boast.
bonnedejour's avatar

bonnedejour

"orens" :)
vishnu's avatar

vishnu

This is epic. Period.
voltesque's avatar

voltesque

Wow, what an impeccable and grand masterpiece! I'm ashamed I postponed watching it sooner, thinking the duration was too lengthy, but the time flew so quickly and by the end I was left wanting more. There is and can never be enough words to wholly describe this film, every person needs to go see it for himself and be a part of the extravaganza that Lawrence of Arabia is.
Tiagomnh's avatar

Tiagomnh

@Hemanshu Even for today's standards, this movie's scope is beyond belief. You just don't see stuff like this anymore. It really shows that Earth is indeed the best set ever made. It should be used more often...
Klondike Bongo's avatar

Klondike Bongo

Its long. I was always put off watching it by the length.

Just finished watching it and I wish it was longer.

Jolly good film!
Big A2's avatar

Big A2

While I didn't love it, I can't deny it's greatness.

I want to see it again to get a better look at it.
auvajs's avatar

25 The Silence of the Lambs
25 The Bridge on the River Kwai
25 Psycho
25 Casablanca
ReVision's avatar

ReVision

Almost 4 hours, and yet it never feels to long and never gets boring. It's been said before but the cinematography is beautiful, one of the best i've seen.

The acting by O'Toole was superb, really really superb. And also there is some great music in here.
Realenur's avatar

Realenur

Not a single word is said by a woman. Liberating!
Carota's avatar

Carota

abolutely overwhelming. this never can bore me
Rdgz_Dust_Speck's avatar

Rdgz_Dust_Speck

The actors. The music. The phothography. Even it's duration. Everything makes this the classic epic movie. It's epic in every sense.
JCS's avatar

JCS

Epic! Very long but very good and wonderful acting, scenery and music.
Pianolady25's avatar

Pianolady25

This movie has one of the most beautiful soundtracks ever, and the cinematography is beyond compare. A must-see, even if only for the music and scenery!

Not all film epics are grand and sweeping, but Lawrence of Arabia definitely deserves both epithets. Cinematographer Freddie Young is painting with light on this one, and the marvelous cinematography (which manages to make yet another trek through a desert as riveting as the first time Lawrence set off) is beautiful supported by Maurice Jarre's score. The Middle East at the end of the Ottoman Empire is well realized, visually and culturally, taking you on a voyage that might make you fall in love the same way the title character does. It's incredible that such a performance "introduces" a talent like Peter O'Toole to movie audiences, but there it is. At times, I felt the character's motivations were a little nebulous, but ultimately, the ambiguity is probably what makes the film as powerful as it is. It's a veritable cinematic novel (not unlike David Lean's other epic Dr. Zhivago) where characters and nations change, grow, and risk everything. In Lawrence, we have someone who is brilliant, but cavalier, and starts to believe his own hype, which leads to a fall from grace. And that doesn't play out the way it sounds either. I don't think I'd ever seen it in its entirety, though I know I watched large chunks of it on at least three occasions. This time, I didn't even speed or walk out through the overtures, intermissions or exit music. The music really IS one of its best features, after all.