MrDoog's avatar

MrDoog

I liked it better when the tiger was a volleyball named Wilson.
Kawamaru's avatar

Kawamaru

Simply stunning. I've read the book and the movie really turned it out amazingly.
vivienblue_06's avatar

vivienblue_06

The movie made me question everything about my life and it also made me realize something.

The flow of the scenes is really good; the actors, the graphics, and the script is great. Definitely, this movie is something you should recommend.
KuroSawWhat's avatar

KuroSawWhat

I have mixed feelings about Pi. It is certainly a visual marvel, and the journey itself is quite gripping; but the attempted big-idea-ending-punch doesn't seem to land properly, giving more of a glancing blow. Weak philosophy in a marvelous wrapping. It is still very worth seeing in the theater, however.
IreneAdler's avatar

IreneAdler

One of those movies that totally blew me away although I did not expect it to. First I loved it because of the stunning visual style, great pictures and colors, and also a lovely, imaginative story. Then it surprised me again when I watched the ending and saw the whole story from a different perspective. Don't want to spoil anything but it was incredible. (I had not read the book before.) I'm looking forward to watching it again because that experience must be so different...

Lots of emotion, beautiful and painful at the same time... the film has a unique feeling to it. Definately a special experience and a movie worth watching.
sammysin's avatar

sammysin

As I was watching this for the first time, I knew I was going to love it but I didn't really expect it to challenge me. After the strange ending, I felt like I didn't understand what I had seen.

The movie itself is masterful, full of amazing vistas, music and imagination. I definitely felt overwhelmed by the amount of things that took place, but that will be remedied when I revisit it in 3D.

Overall, I am certain this is a film that will get better with age.
gabycamaton's avatar

gabycamaton

Beautiful movie, the cinematography was gorgeous, and is a lovely story. I absolutely want to read the book.
Micaescalada's avatar

Micaescalada

I was in the cinema and the only thing i thought was: i want to hug my cats so badly. Beautiful movie
jarudet's avatar

jarudet

Great message. Yeah, life is really what you make out of it.
greenhorg's avatar

greenhorg

Good movie, but regarding the film's whole final message about God spoiler ... I can't see it being popular with too many religious people.
GremVendetta's avatar

GremVendetta

You can thank the poor amazing artists behind the film for the stunning visuals and CGI who were cruelly unpaid, ultimately bankrupt and stripped of their jobs upon its release.

It's disgusting. This film is utter trash regarding how they treated the very people who created this masterpiece of art. Not worth the praise it receives, absolutely wretched.
rogerlima's avatar

rogerlima

A movie about faith blindness. And just a lot of special effects.
Egil's avatar

Egil

Liked it way better than I thought I would.
dombrewer's avatar

dombrewer

I really loved the original novel when I read it, but after seeing the trailer and the gaudy cartoon-ish visuals I was a bit demoralised about how it was going to turn out. Some of the great reviews brought me back around to seeing it, and I'm very glad I did. If you enjoyed the book it's definitely worth seeing - it's faithfully adapted and sensitively directed by Ang Lee. The CGI works brilliantly in serving the story, the "unreality" of the situation befits that slightly otherworldly sheen of digital. I saw it in 3D, and although it was good, I don't think it was either a necessary decision to film it that way, or essential to watch it that way. The performances of Irrfan Khan and (newcomer) Suraj Sharma as the older and younger Pi are excellent, fully nuanced and full of real emotion and humour, but the star of the show is the all important Bengal tiger, expertly animated and suitably frightening and beautiful in equal measure: I expect there will now be a surge in house cats named Richard Parker. Personally it was a great way to round off my year of cinema going.
Woliver's avatar

Woliver

Abusive and unnecessary CGI. Cool graphics, lame animations.
Loved the way it leaves up to you the choice of what to believe in, even after all the god-faith/science-reason speechs.