IreneAdler's avatar

IreneAdler

Good movie. I liked the fascination of everything the main character was capable of after taking those pills... who would not like to speak all those languages, remember everything you ever read... amazing :)
It was equally interesting to watch him get in trouble as well. I found the whole movie very enjoyable, the ending was great, too.

I also loved the actors. Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro were amazing in their roles. Thumbs up!
lucydawson's avatar

lucydawson

Enjoyed this film for what it was (lots of plot holes but I didn't mind) although I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that he wasted 8.5 million for a "bomb proof" flat that was supposedly impossible to break into that loads of people really easily broke into in about 5mins!
ansver's avatar

ansver

Pretty interesting plot with good acting & directing.
HUNTRNIKO's avatar

HUNTRNIKO

Visually and conceptually stunning, the dialogue probably could've been better but it's really easy to get over that, lol. I got a lot more than I expected out of it all together.

to mnms saying that the landlord disappointed her, the point is that he could talk/think his way out of and into any situation, if he wants to sleep with anyone on this green earth, he will, because hes just that good.
kristofersen's avatar

kristofersen

as much as i dislike the spoiler

Limitless, about a writer (Bradley Cooper) who takes a super smart drug and find himself caught up in a conspiracy thriller, looks like that new Scarlett Johansson movie, Lucy, but it doesn't feature super-powers, just super-smarts. It's a perfectly entertaining sf thriller, though how his life eventually connects to the conspiracy element is somewhat contrived when you think about it. It's reasonably exciting and does interesting things with its premise, but I don't think I like its moral ambivalence. I'll grant it its central question: Would we do it? Would we take a drug like this if we could, and would our achievements be our own? But while the virtue of enhancing the human mind can be debated, the film should at least know (and show) whether the protagonist is in the right or not. Because he's telling the story and he's played by Cooper, we want to think he is, but because we don't know HOW he wants to change the world, and because we don't know just what happened during the blackouts, we can't actually be sure of that. Result: The movie may ask its question, but its own answer is glib and sweeps consequences under the rug. Not much help from the director's commentary which is rather ordinary, nor the very brief making of.
monoglot's avatar

monoglot

Uppers for Algernon
Longomontanus's avatar

Longomontanus

spoiler
Jerez's avatar

Jerez

I love the end...
Samp Owl's avatar

Samp Owl

@Mnms It wasn't because he was clever it was because he helped her with her work.. Still probably not the best portrayal of women but more understandable..
Likaso's avatar

Likaso

One of the few movies I would be willing to watch again.
rainy's avatar

rainy

Robert de Niro is great in this movie, don't now why but there's something in his acting that was memorable.
mook's avatar

mook

Entertaining, exciting & unpredictable thriller with a SciFi/Fantasy set up - a pill to give you full brain power... 8/10.

Follow me on Twitter @LastFilmSeen
xxNicollable's avatar

xxNicollable

The dvd has an alternate ending but I still don't understand the difference between them. He says 'no' to Van Loon in both :|.
Great movie, though. A little futuristic.
Magamboa's avatar