danisanna's avatar

danisanna

Great idea ... pointless story. And what a surprise, Nicolas Cage plays a moody mysterious guy, he's never done that before. Julianne Moore kicks ass though.
swagjeet360's avatar

swagjeet360

doesn't have the best story line but the ending was really crap 3/10 =(
IreneAdler's avatar

IreneAdler

This is difficult for me to judge. I did somehow enjoy it while I was watching it - it did not blow me away, but it did keep me entertaned. But after watching it I don't want to see it again and there are not too many great scenes that I remember or anything like that.

So it's probably okay if you need some mediocre entertainment for once, and it's not exactly bad, but I don't think it's a very special movie either.
SkilledLunatic's avatar

SkilledLunatic

Concept was interesting but... Meh.
abmannetje's avatar

abmannetje

I couldn't keep focussed with this one. My mind dozed of while watching.
chunkylefunga's avatar

chunkylefunga

Starts off well and seem interesting but the legs fall off at the end.
8 months 1 week ago

Can you perhaps tell which Nicolas Cage movies are bad based on the quality of his wig? No really, does anyone working in movies today have as bad a collection of fright wigs as Nic Cage? Based on that evidence, Next goes in the "bad" column, but I can't help but show interest in any movie based on a Philip K. Dick story, even if 75% of them are VERY LOOSE adaptations, and terrible. The premise is fairly cool, mind you. He plays a stage magician who can see 2 minutes in the future, and FBI agent Julianne Moore wants him to help them counter terrorists who want to nuke L.A. (why the bad guys are French is anybody's guess). After that, it's an action movie where the hero has spidey-sense, for the most part. If you don't see the Dickian twist coming, I'd be surprised, but I don't think, as some might, the film ends too soon; what happens next should be clear. The reason it's not a good film, though, is the love story at the center of it. Cage and Jessica Biel are a preposterous match that is far less believable on screen than the character's psychic powers or both the FBI and the terrorists believing such powers exist. I would excise it from the film, if only the contrivance didn't motivate Cage's character so much. Next!
CynicalSod's avatar

CynicalSod

crap
vishnu's avatar

vishnu

BULLSHIT!!
mbkeene's avatar

mbkeene

Not really a bad movie, but it squanders its premise and the final twist feels more like a light turn.