camilocabrera22's avatar

camilocabrera22

Spellbinding from beginning to end. Not very often comes an animated film with so much psychological depth.
metermouse's avatar

metermouse

The animation is great, first of all. After watching the movie, I was a bit stunned, and definitely confused. After re-watching it I began to piece it together. It definitely has you questioning what is 'real' or not in the movie. Such a mind-bender!
Scratch47's avatar

Scratch47

Great little psychological thriller with some lurid and disquieting moments. Makes you doubt reality, like the best movies.
Dewsions's avatar

Dewsions

I've got to say this film has a lot of depth and a gripping plot which needs to have your full attention throughout the story or it'll screw with your head when you get to the end. Amazing narrative structure and effective twists and turns in the film as well.
schneid67's avatar

schneid67

Holy shit. Edge of my seat for the entire movie. So amazing. A mind-twister that delves into the psyche of someone who is both being stalked and always in the public eye
kanoba's avatar

kanoba

Wow! I was really impressed and blown away by this movie. Confusing, exciting and intriguing, definitely have to watch it again!
KaramAkerfeldt's avatar

KaramAkerfeldt

holy shit.
palefire's avatar

palefire

Kon sucked me into his world of paranoia, Japanese celebrity life, slut shaming culture and murder. A gripping mind fuck.
God's avatar

God

her obsessive stalker looked like benedict cumberbatch. even had the british teeth going on
Jeank's avatar

Jeank

Instant masterpice. the persecution complex is another illness that the film use to the narrative
vikky2000's avatar

vikky2000

First of it's an anime and with that comes a few typical japanese things, like JPop and some (not all) grotesque faces (the first one I like, the second one I don't) that might or might not influence your viewing experience.

If you're okay with that you'll have an interesting and thrilling movie experience, with quite a few twist that'll keep it interesting until the end.
StefanK's avatar

StefanK

Starts a bit slow, but it turns pretty cerebral very soon. The great cinematography gets noticed right of the bat, reminds me of some Kubrick movies, and the psychological horror parts seem like they borrow from Hitchcock a bit. I hope no one ever does a live action adaptation of this though, they'd probably ruin it.
3 months 4 weeks ago
tarunneo's avatar

tarunneo

Except the animation everything was great in this movie
dvdgrdnr's avatar

dvdgrdnr

Did anyone else find the close ups on her tits during the rapey scenes a bit problematic?
And...
I hate to be that guy, but I saw the twist a mile off.
11 months 2 weeks ago
kidijs's avatar

kidijs

at the time it was made such movies weren't very common yet. now, however, i cannot help but sneer at the plot, which makes sense, of course, but has gaping holes and just generally tries too hard to keep the intrigue instead of focusing on keeping characters realistic and round. still a brilliant piece for its time.