jaspbleu's avatar

jaspbleu

2 months ago
marienbad's avatar

marienbad

see it on the big screen. Or at least in the dark on the largest screen you can view it on.
6 months 3 weeks ago
Emiam's avatar

Emiam

5/10
No link at all working so I watched the 10 minutes one. And will check the film.
Can anyone tell me how the last (significant?) 3 minutes end?

BTW, a new on YuoTube working:
(mod-edit: dead link removed)

But is there something wrong with both 2 existing links now? Or is the 10 minutes version just a more effective one, where someone has cut the 3 minutes in the middle where the "countdown 10" is shown for a long time?
sixteenmiles's avatar

sixteenmiles

Watch the first four minutes through a pair of sunglasses.

This film makes a pretty stark commentary on repetitive news media and television; or maybe that interpretation is just a reflection of the time I live in. It actually shows very little, but it hammers a synchronized sound and film footage clip show at you so repetitively it becomes mesmerizing...

It's not really a documentary, and it feels like the film is not so much about the assassination of JFK but is really just trying to evoke an emotion about media in general. At least, that's my take on it.
Armoreska's avatar

Armoreska

No longer at that link
On PTP, CG and KG
Ebbywebby's avatar

Ebbywebby

I just looked up some analysis of the film that mentioned a "flicker" effect, so I suppose you're right. I guess that filmmaking choice really does not resonate for me, however.
ebaum1saik's avatar

ebaum1saik

I just checked the last link and that indeed is the correct video. The audio might be a little off (though the radio announcing the opening of the doors synced with the refrigerator commercial seemed dead on).

Sorry you didn't like the flashing nonsense, but that is the original film Bruce Conner made.
Ebbywebby's avatar

Ebbywebby

All these versions have the same problem. The flashing nonsense between around 1-4 minutes (and during a few other moments) can't be the original film. I suspect it's a case of an incomplete download being propagated. I won't mark this seen until I feel like I've seen the complete film.
trane's avatar

trane

you can watch it here!

Wise Jake's avatar

Wise Jake

Brilliant yet very overwhelming. Thank god it's no more than 13 minutes because it's almost more than a person can stand.
Nit89ram's avatar

Nit89ram

I canĀ“t find this. Any suggestion?