raulcelis's avatar

raulcelis

I usually can't stand Will Ferrel in any movie, but this is the exception.
ubersum1's avatar

ubersum1

lots of elements are very hollywoody, but the overarching quirkiness balances it out.

tbh ferrell's performance was a nice surprise; he's usually obnoxious and unfunny. but this film shows he's capable of off-beat and decent humour underneath all that, and not just the kind of contrived humour that the bulk of audiences seem to thrive on. "i brought you flours"...! (ok that line was corny, but still awesome)
giin's avatar

giin

Very intellectual and inspiring. Very much thought through - love.
Earring72's avatar

Earring72

Very well made, endearing and offbeat romantic comedy drama
KatForsyth's avatar

KatForsyth

I can't believe this wasn't on any lists until Reddit updated. Such an amazing film!
BeasleyOnFilm's avatar

BeasleyOnFilm

Surprisingly competent, until the terribly Hollywood ending. We all know how it should've panned out.
brainfabias's avatar

brainfabias

Interesting concept, feels good to have seen it...
JackRabbitSlims's avatar

JackRabbitSlims

Will Ferrell is excellent in this. Not your typical Ferrell film; very enjoyable.
Beovylf's avatar

Beovylf

I went into this thinking it was going to be the typical Will Ferrell garbage... it really is a fantastically done film.
frankqb's avatar

frankqb

Just as Jim Carrey had his forgotten gem "The Truman Show", Will Ferrel has this heart-warming performance as Harold Crick. A must see.
panagos's avatar

panagos

The plot doesn't make any sense. You have to be braindead to think this is an above average Hollywood crap... I don't think any actor could save the script's huge holes, but the truth is Will Ferrell can't act to save his life...
2 weeks 6 days ago
ephraim99's avatar

ephraim99

My daughter told me she had seen a movie starring Will Ferrell I might enjoy. I was highly skeptical, as I am not a fan of his man-child schtick (OK, his voice acting in Megamind was pretty good). But as other commenters have noted, this film showed a different side. I was interested and actually cared about the character. Well written and executed.
Mrion's avatar

Mrion

The movie doesn't exactly live up to its premise and the romance is corny and contrieved, but the interesting concept and solid performances by every one involve make it a pleasant watch nonetheless.
maxdbn's avatar

maxdbn

At last great acting by Will Farrel. I usually hate his movies
rhitwick's avatar

rhitwick

Very nice movie. If not anything watch this movie only for Will Ferrell.