jhhayes's avatar

jhhayes

I wish more people would see this film! It grossed barely half its budget during its run. This is unbelievable. Fantastic performances, great screenplay, naturally poetic dialogue, and beautiful cinematography. An awesome addition to the western genre. It's so good, it will be enjoyed by those that dislike western films. Future classic.
dorkusmalorkus's avatar

dorkusmalorkus

A slow, almost melodically paced film with beautiful cinematography and some really memorable scenes. Great acting from Pitt and Affleck and a memorable score from Nick Cave. Well worth the run time.
the3rdman's avatar

the3rdman

Best role I've ever seen Brad Pitt in, I was really surprised. Affleck was superb. This movie should have had much more buzz.
jasperus's avatar

jasperus

This movie overcame my expectations. The acting of Pitt and Affleck is superb.
ramblingrobin's avatar

ramblingrobin

Not a bad film, although Pitt's accent at times kills me.

What's with the three "Fell asleep halfway through" comments," though? It isn't scaring anyone from watching the movie.
DaanVG's avatar

DaanVG

Amazing film, great acting, great cinematography and a perfect soundtrack.
superxcm's avatar

superxcm

Absolutly beautiful!
ScubaSteve1214's avatar

ScubaSteve1214

Cinematic Perfection
Prashant's avatar

Prashant

I hope one day I could see the director's cut. I'm sure it'll be more better than current one.
Nilofarish's avatar

Nilofarish

Very good movie. The cinematography is so very well done! It is very beautiful. And the perfomances of the two male leads : Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck are also very good. Great movie one of the best movie of 2007.
FiresonthePlain's avatar

FiresonthePlain

I've fallen in love with this film. Everything about it is simply gorgeous and the assassination scene left me awestruck. My personal selection for the greatest film of 2007.
BigAwesomeBLT's avatar

BigAwesomeBLT

This was a very slow film. There were many shots of barley fields.

The first 40 minutes with the train robbery flew by and I would have loved 2 more hours of that with an assassination at the end. But, no, that wouldn't leave any room for shots of fields now would it.

Brad Pitt was scary and intimidating throughout. I would love a Jesse James film, with him, with a plot. I know it's based on his actual life, but he must have got up to something more interesting than hushed conversations around dinner tables.

Casey Affleck was fantastic. I am going to find some more of his films.

A little sad there was no Sam Rockwell dancing.

I had been told the last scene is this film was amazing, and then the film finished and no amazing scene had happened.

Sometimes there were also shots of snowy fields.

Don't worry, there's a narrator to tell you everything so the movie doesn't have to.
ClassicLady's avatar

ClassicLady

Dark, slow and tense. But I enjoyed every anxiety-filled moment of it. Not knowing when Jesse James (Brad Pitt) would blow up again and kill someone or make his threats a reality made it extremely difficult to watch. In addition, there was great cinematography which aided in the development of an atmosphere that teetered from wide-open nothingness to claustrophobic strangulation. Not the best of movies, but a good one just the same.
piratediscoking's avatar

piratediscoking

If there were only a single word in the whole world to describe "The Assassination of Jesse James" is would be 'overwhelming'.
josepharari's avatar

josepharari

If you think that this movie was boring I should direct you to some of Emmerich's films. Those are not boring and should entertain a mindless retard like yourself