dchauvin's avatar

dchauvin

I was disappointed to discover that Meryl Streep's character isn't actually the devil.
george4mon's avatar

george4mon

shame about the ending. i wanted her to fuck over all her friends! it would have made it less 'Hollywood'
nymusix's avatar

nymusix

An adequate movie, but I can see why it's attained something of a cult status among certain audiences. Meryl Streep is of course good, but the real surprise standout performance for me was Emily Blunt.
ericaf's avatar

ericaf

Meryl Streep = perfection. Especially in this movie. Her range as an actress is incredible. I've watched this movie 10+ times simply to revel in her perfection.

I don't understand why anyone would judge a chick flick on predictability. Of course it's predictable. It's a chick flick. What a basic criticism to make.
danisanna's avatar

danisanna

Watched it again after years and I still love it. Meryl Streep is deliciously vicious and Anne Hathaway is, as always, very charming. Funny, cute and oh my, the fashion! Good feel good movie. Her boyfriend 'Nate' I didn't really take to though ... but still, always a fun movie to watch and re-watch :)
Pristine's avatar

Pristine

Not a good movie, but Meryl Streep is absolutely fantastic, yet again.
IreneAdler's avatar

IreneAdler

A really great and funny movie! I loved it. What made it so special was probably the writing (great scenes) - and of course the movie would never have worked without Meryl Streep. I've seen her impersonate lots of extremely sweet and likeable characters - it's so great that she can do the opposite as well. Absolutely great performance!

Also liked Emily Blunt and Stanley Tucci very much. Personally I'm NOT really a fan of Anne Hathaway but that did not ruin the movie for me.
Pallium Invisibilitatem's avatar

Pallium Invisibilitatem

Its the acting alone that sets this comedy in a league apart....
Rigters's avatar

Rigters

I have already seen many movies like these. Anne Hathaway character's personal life take the path of almost all stories at films.

But, it was a very good movie, because of the interpretations(Meryl Streep is awesome!) and some surprises in the story.
ecnered's avatar

ecnered

Miranda Priestly!
diamondladyche's avatar

diamondladyche

(B) Eight stars.. I don't know it's just something about a good *fashion* movie that appeals to me.. I also think Meryl Streep played the heck out this role.. Haven't enjoyed her so much since that movie with her and Roseanne in it.. *She-Devil* wasn't it? Now *that* was funny.. But I also like Anne Hataway in this and how she learned no matter how big you get in your career u can't let your ego follow you.. or you will lose.. like she almost found out.. I enjoyed this movie a lot.. i liked how she showed she had what it took but in the end she wasn't ready to make the sacrifice of what came with the job and that to me was strong! Great Movie!
Thedezliest's avatar

Thedezliest

Meryl Streep is amazing
marioluxo's avatar

marioluxo

a perfect performance of Meryl Streep...
CElia_'s avatar

CElia_

Meryl Streep has never been better .
If there's a roll papper for her, this is it !
ecnered's avatar