ReVision's avatar

ReVision

Very beautiful and powerful film, and to think that alot of people really lived like that during the great depression. Also i just loved the performance by Henry Fonda!
Camille Deadpan's avatar

Camille Deadpan

This movie is amazing and oh so sad. I just want to add some photographers' names that took some pictures in great depression and Farm security administration time and I recommend you google them up if you want to know more about this period: Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, Arthur Rothstein, Ben Shahn.Their pictures are very moving just like this movie is.
bitchypixels's avatar

bitchypixels

You know you've watched a good movie when you do a six page analysis on it and still feel the need to watch it again. They couldn't have picked a better director to portray the torturous pursuit that was the American Dream in the 1930's. Brilliantly done.
seithscott's avatar

seithscott

Incredibly powerful, definitely makes your problems seem minuscule. Beautiful film, as always with ford.
dreamlittlebird's avatar

dreamlittlebird

I love this movie. It made me understand why movies are made. Very touching and inspiring.
Paulorsadv's avatar

Paulorsadv

Beautiful, great work by John Ford. Hard times.
Paper_Okami's avatar

Paper_Okami

Really sad and touching, one of my favorites a masterpiece of a depressing movie.
meli.hankovits's avatar

meli.hankovits

John Ford did it again. Beautiful and powerful film.
1 year ago
Yama's avatar

Yama

I'll be there
Josh_Glover's avatar

Josh_Glover

I wish there could have been as much character development as there was in the novel but I guess that's impossible for a 2 hour movie. Noah's disappearance without any explanation would be confusing if you haven't read the book.
Groovy09's avatar

Groovy09

A Powerful and intriguing film that portrays a dark chapter in american history.

Definitely derserves it's recognition as an american classic.
Scratch47's avatar

Scratch47

Tough and pretty realistic. But it ends on a note of survival that lifts it up. It mainly gains its kudos from a few moments of atmosphere and some good performances from Fonda and Carradine in particular, but it does seem that there is a fair amount of pathos and emotional masochism tied in a somewhat depressingly lingering way. Not exactly traditionally enjoyable.
Dieguito's avatar

Dieguito

Tough days for Midwesterns.. California was just rising..
Alfredo Garcia's avatar

Alfredo Garcia

It blew my mind, but i don't know if i should favorite this because i don't know if things where really like that back then. I'm afraid it may be a little sensationalist.
George Bailey's avatar