deepak1990's avatar

deepak1990

loved it!
St. Gloede's avatar

St. Gloede

It was good but rather underwhelming. Wasn't too taken in with Firth either (he has nother on Eisenberg, Franco, Stiller, Damon, Whalberg, eller C.Affleck). The cinematography was wonderful, though perhaps a bit too stylized for a non-artis...tic film. The filming was nice as well, but the shakey cam didn't really fit(it came in at er random parts).

Overall it's just the story that's lacking. I just don't see why it's all that important/where the emotions+strenghts are supposed to lay. Firth does a human performance in a minimalistic and truthful way but I fail to be really invested in this characters. With a two hour running time it seemed to fly by and not leave too much at all.

Even now, bare minutes after seeing it, The King's Speech seems like a short. I will say that the acting was great from everyone involved and the direction of it all was rather solid, but overall there's just not that much there. 6/10.
schwamme's avatar

schwamme

A truly magnificent piece! I loved how it built up to that one speech, that one moment. Even though there were a few times it seemed a bit slow, it was just right. To what the story was, the film lacked nothing and was executed beautifully.
(I wish people quit expecting it to be something it was not intended it to be.)
catherinefrances's avatar

catherinefrances

I am speechless!
gregmnewman's avatar

gregmnewman

Great acting but so dull
kellyoung's avatar

kellyoung

@Chris M Turton They're in alphabetical order.
CMT's avatar

CMT

Although I haven't seen the film, I found it strange that it has got #494 on 1001 Movies already. How do they order this list on iCheckMovies? In the books they are ordered by the date they were released so shouldn't this be right at the end of near 900 to 1000.
ecnered's avatar

ecnered

One of the most inspiring stories.
carlosortegap's avatar

carlosortegap

Pretty entertaining. Still think Bardem should have won best actor.
allisoncm's avatar

allisoncm

I spent 25 Swiss Francs to see this in Switzerland, which is like the equivalent of $30. Of course, they served champagne with it. Still kind of weird.
George Bailey's avatar

George Bailey

Boulderman, I sit stunned!
Alfonso Bonso's avatar

Alfonso Bonso

The 'best picture of the year' was without doubt Toy Story 3.

@askuma587

Slumdog was a worthy winner.
Rohit's avatar

Rohit

"This is a solid film that I actually liked even more the second time around, I just thought The Social Network was a better film"

Can't agree more
conortfoley's avatar

conortfoley

...and tits
arsee's avatar

arsee

The pathetic director of that robbed out David Fincher of the well-deserved award.