TheInfanta's avatar

TheInfanta

You're right Eddyspeeder as a woman I am far more interested in sweet old men than in motorcycles. My memories of riding with my uncles on their motorcycles must be false ones since I was probably too busy playing with my dolls... -_-*

As to the film, it's been a while since I watched it but I remember enjoying it though not enough to want to watch it again or enough to consider putting it on any "best-of" lists.
Appie's avatar

Appie

I cry every time. Damn Burt, you were one fast Kiwi. May you rest in peace
windyhead's avatar

windyhead

quite a nice film but I wasnt really able to get over how bad Hopkins' New Zealand accent was. He kept going into Welsh!
Eddyspeeder's avatar

Eddyspeeder

It was the summer of 2005. My brother in law and I were going to the cinema but the film we wanted to see was sold out. So we walked over to the film house down the road, and found out that "Burt Munro: The world's fastest Indian" had just begun. Boy, was I glad that mainstream film had sold out! Because now I had the privilege of seeing this little jewel. I was absolutely blown away by it. Just to indicate how much: up until then, the most impressive acting performance I had ever seen was Hopkins' interpretation of Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs. I daresay he outshines himself in Fastest Indian, the entire movie through. I felt that way 5 years ago, and I still feel that way now, having seen the movie many times over.

Also, this one is great to watch with both men ("ooh, motorcycles!") and women ("what a sweet old grampa!").
Filthy_Lady's avatar

Filthy_Lady

Eddyspeeder, you are so right!
DerekFME's avatar

DerekFME

Truly an excellent feel good film. I agree with Eddyspeedy.