Some might find it offensive in parts, but there's real humor and a fun visual sense throughout. Ewan McGregor's breakout film.
halcain's avatar

halcain

Hard to watch if you have a weak stomach
Pxicosis's avatar

Pxicosis

BASTARRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!!
Cimeries's avatar

Cimeries

Need to read the book. This really impressed me, I can't believe I've only just seen it. This is an easy new favourite - not the best film I've ever seen, but up there with Requiem for a Dream.
vishnu's avatar

vishnu

best of Boyle.
BeasleyOnFilm's avatar

BeasleyOnFilm

Really good. Plot was a mess, but it made up for it by being both emotional as hell and utterly hilarious.
Peeble's avatar

Peeble

The plot confused me a bit at the begging. I thought I started to get more understanding with it but got confused a bit again near the end. Some words were foreign to me and I had to google them to understand (such as "skag"). The portrayal of heroin usage and addiction was presented in a unique way. It reminded me a bit of Requiem for a Dream. I enjoyed it but it was a tad hard to follow.
GodPepper's avatar

GodPepper

I think is a good film based in an even better novel. Good photography, good interpretations.

What I liked most was, in the original version, the Scottish accent of the characters.

Not so good, not so bad.
thechristophershow's avatar

thechristophershow

Meh. Kinda boring. Too comical, but in an unfunny way. Not that it's meant to be a comedy (or maybe it is, I don't know), but it just seemed too sterile for a heroin movie, too nonchalant. Maybe I did myself a disservice by watching this two nights after watching "Requiem for a Dream" for the first time. I was hoping for something moving and disturbing like "Requiem," but they're two totally different genres. "Requiem" was a drama, this was like a slice-of-life dramedy.
mandapuspi's avatar

mandapuspi

Ewan McGregor ternyata waktu muda gila! Beda banget sama dia di I Love You Phillip Morris. Mwahaha!
nicolaskrizan's avatar