A group for lovers of movies from the 1980s in order to share opinions, lists, perspectives and hidden gems. I chose the Rubik's cube as the group's avatar since it was launched internationally in 1980 and became such a hit in that decade.
- 24 March 2012
- Top lists
- Group rank
- 59,172 (100,068 total)
- Avg user rank
- Top member
1. Blade Runner
2. Back to the Future
5. The Breakfast Club
6. Mad Max 2
7. Die Hard
8. Road House
9. The Terminator
10. The Empire Strikes Back
Honorable Mentions: The King of Comedy, Manon of the Spring, Return of the Jedi, Batman, The Killer, Dragons Forever, Overboard, Three Amigos, Stand By Me, Gandhi, First Blood, Ran, Beetlejuice, The Blob, Castle in the Sky, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Dune, Aliens, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Broadcast News, Three Fugitives, The Naked Gun, Dirty Dancing 6 months 2 weeks ago
1. Back to the Future
3. The Princess Bride
4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark
7. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
8. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
9. The Goonies
10. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Dead Poets Society
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
The Breakfast Club
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Flight of Dragons
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Land Before Time
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Romancing The Stone 1 year 3 months ago
Anyway, I have more to add from the 80s.
1) Benji The Hunted. I just love that movie. I can't believe I never saw it until about 3 months ago. It is actually in my top 3 movies of all time.
2) Midnight Run. Maybe one of DeNiro's forgotten movies, but a great one. Funny and great acting.
3) The Last Unicorn. I am not a fan of most animation, especially CGI, but this movie has a great look. Plus, it is not just for children. Actually, I think most it will go over the heads of children and may be too scary for the youngest.
4) The Plague Dogs. Another animated movie from 1982, but definitely not for kids. Great movie though.
5) The Bear aka L'ours. I just love this one. Amazing cinematography and performance by the animals.
6) Arthur. One of the funniest movies ever. Plus you get to see New York in the 80s.
8) Empire Of The Sun
9) The Terminator
10) Predator 1 year 6 months ago