Pssst, want to check out Bumblebee in our new look?
See all comments
This is how the previous movies should have been: non-blurry fight scenes that don't go on forever, and more importantly a female lead who isn't just a glorified sexbot. Her mom was a bit of a stereotype, but overall the movie was nicely done.
Not perfect, but thank God Michael Bay isn't around anymore.
The first watchable live-action Transformers movie to date. It's far from perfect but it has several things going for it compared to its predecessors:
- You can actually see what's happening during the action sequences.
- The plot wasn't idiotically convoluted.
- There's no Shia LeBeauf, the goofy parents or the "genius inventahh" Mark Wahlberg.
- Fewer closeups on asses, tits and American flags.
- Some of the humour is actually funny.
- The Decepticons don't all look and talk the same
It's not perfect. The love interest was pointless. The last 15 minutes turned into the usual silly blockbuster smash-em-up with beams in the sky and it was littered with too many corny cringe inducing moments. But then, it's Transformers you have to expect some silliness.
Would be great if the studio just pretended all of those godawful Michael Bay movies never happened and instead make the series from scratch, with Bumblebee acting as a prelude into the main series.
to see which of your friends have seen this movie!